Gamebuilder integration with Content Packaging
Content Package has a new function called 'gamebuilder'. If you are currently creating games using our gamebuilder portal, you will really like this function. It has better integration with content packaging and packs in so much new function that you do not have in original 'gamebuilder' portal.
The functions available:-
Below is a guide on how to use the function.
- You can import questions direct from item bank (edulearn question bank)
- This function knows your game question requirement and thus will filter to only show those type of question that is compatible with the game you have selected.
- To rephrase it, if you create a space odyssey game (you will see a number of questions and banks in the item bank) but you might see lesser questions or banks if you choose the hangman game, as the item bank has more MCQ question as compared to fill-in-blank questions.
- You can now either choose for it to randomly select question from bank or you can select your own questions
- You can now easily pick different questions from different bank available.
- You can now easily add your own question on top of selecting question from bank.
- You can also edit all questions (irregardless of imported or written)
- You can easily test your game and make changes to question till your satisfied it.
- A top score function is automatically enabled for each game created, so when a student completes the game, a top 10 score will be displayed.
- Every question that you write will be saved in your personal bank so you can reuse it again for a different game.
- After creating the game, you can re-edit the game very easily.
Step 1: Start building Gamebuilder
Click Authoring » Create New Lesson » Choose Gamebuilder (under Resource Type)
Step 2: Selection of Game
Based on the screen below, select the Game genre followed by the game type.
All games are specified to what kind of questions to be input.
Step 3: Previewing of Game
Click on Preview Game to view how the game works
Step 4: Game Description
Enter Game title and description
There's 2 ways to input questions into your game, namely
- Get from Question Bank : ready-made questions provided in Edulearn
- Create Your Own Question
Step 5: Select from Question Bank
Personal Bank: Every question that you had created in Quiz, will be automatically stored into your own auto-generated personal bank. Users from the same group (_schoolname) will be able to view each other's banks.
5.1 Select Category (Level, Subject)
⇔ The number shown in the bracket e.g. Animals (22), indicates there are 22 questions in that category.
⇔ To view questions, click on
⇔ Click on the Question ID to view the way the question is being displayed
Preview of the question
⇔ Click on the button (against the category title) and click on Select
5.2 Get Questions (from Question Bank)
Once Category has been selected, it will import the total number of questions available in the bank (as shown below).
Select Question Manually
Step 1: Under Select Question Manually tab, click on to select questions from Question bank
Step 2: Next, tick on the boxes for the questions that you want.
Step 3: Once done, click on Add to List
Notice that under Selected Question field, it will reflect the number of questions being added to your game.
Step 4: Click on Import, to add the added questions to your game
Under View My Questions tab, you will get to view all the questions you had selected. As shown in the picture (with details), click on the icons to edit/delete the selected questions.
Take Note: Gamebuilder comprises of 11 different games. Each game requires a minimum number of questions to play. Look at the box (on the top-right column as shown below) to see how many questions has been added, and how many more to go.
Additional: To select from Sub-topics
Step 1: If you are unable to click on the buttons (as shown below) as the buttons are grayed-out, click on the title to open the sub-topics available in each main topic displayed in the Category.
Step 2: Next, click on the button and click on Select
Auto Generate Questions
Continue from the above 2 steps, next:
Step 1: Click on Auto Generate Questions tab
Step 2: Under Questions Required field, enter the number of questions (remaining questions to make up for the minimum required needed) » Import (questions will be randomly generated)
5.3 Create Own Question
Step 6: Preview/Publish Game